Ridesharing is an easy way to get around. It’s convenient, flexible and the ride comes to you! Although known mostly for its light rail and bus services, Sacramento Regional Transit District also offers its own safe, convenient and affordable on-demand rideshare service (without surge pricing): SmaRT Ride. And starting Monday, April 5, SmaRT Ride is expanding its shuttle services. New zone expansions include:
- Arden (Arcade)-Carmichael — with added stops to Kaiser Morse and American River College
- Folsom — expanding to serve Folsom Ranch, south of Highway 50
- Natomas-North Sacramento — added service to Arena Boulevard shops, Garden Highway, River Oaks, Gateway Oaks, University Technical Institute and North Natomas Regional Park
SmaRT Ride services are also available in the following zones:
- Citrus Heights-Antelope-Orangevale
- Downtown-Midtown-East Sacramento
- Franklin-South Sacramento
- Rancho Cordova
Riders can track their shuttles in real time and can get an alert when their ride is about to arrive. Shuttles offer Corner-to-Corner service with pick up and drop offs at the nearest “virtual bus stop,” which is typically within a block or two of your destination.
The new expansions mean SacRT will be able to offer riders one of the country’s largest microtransit rideshare services with eight zones and 45 shuttles, nine of which are electric battery powered.
“With community shuttles in eight areas and more to come this summer, we are providing a lifeline for essential travel, especially in our disadvantaged communities, to access food, healthcare and frontline jobs during the pandemic,” said SacRT General Manager/CEO Henry Li.
How to ride
Reservations can be made the same day of travel, Monday through Friday:
- SmaRT Ride smartphone app (App Store or Google Play)
- Online at ondemand.sacrt.com
- By phone 916-556-0100
Single-ride SmaRT Ride fares are $2.50, $1.25 for seniors/persons with disabilities or free for groups of five or more, and can be paid by:
- SacRT’s free ZipPass smartphone app
- Cash (exact change only)
- SacRT daily and monthly passes
- Connect Card
Visit sacrt.com/smartride to learn more about the shuttle service.