Spencer Stone, the Sacramento man who helped thwart a terrorist attack on a Paris-bound train two months ago, was stabbed at 12:46 a.m. on Wednesday night on 21st and K Streets.
Stone was out with friends at nearby dance club Badlands. A fight broke out and poured into the street across from A&P Liquor, which caught video of the incident with its surveillance cameras. Sources say Stone was fighting off six men to protect a woman, and alcohol was definitely involved.
VIDEO: Spencer Stone brawl and stabbing in Midtown Sacramento pic.twitter.com/6ak6RC5vnz
— Nick Miller (@NickMiller916) October 8, 2015
According to a police statement, Stone is being treated for “what appear to be non-life threatening injuries.” Police believe the stabbing is not related to Stone’s actions in France.
A few more notes from Nick Miller:
* Stone was stabbed in the middle of the road, walked away from the scene, then fell to the sidewalk on K Street between Badlands and 3Fold.
* According to sources, police officially investigated stabbing as a homicide and didn’t think Stone was going to survive. He is currently stable at UC Davis Medical Center.
* Alcohol was involved in the fight, according to sources, and Stone was allegedely protecting a woman
* Fight had nothing to do with Stone’s celebrity
* It was dollar beer night at Badlands