Sacramento County’s regional parks department put out a reminder this week that spear guns are verboeten at county parks, to which even Ahab might say, “No duh.”
But apparently spearfishing is a big enough pastime—and one state fishing regulations say can happen inside the county—so the common-sense announcement was made.
Here are some other ones we hope you already know:
- Turn signals are not optionable.
- “Wait, so harpoons are OK?”
- Make sure to breathe in and out.
- Don’t drive a tank on the sidewalk.
- No one wants to hear your Borat anymore.
- If you smelt it, that doesn’t necessarily mean you dealt it.
- If you time travel to the past, you should not kill baby Hitler. Because of unintended consequences. Haven’t you ever watched Back to the Future II?
- And don’t believe everything you read.