What you’ll be doing...
The Professional Services Principal Program/Project Manager will be responsible for the managing programs and projects focused on the delivery of Verizon Smart Communities and Venues (SCV/IoT) solutions including design, implementation, and handoff to support. This senior team member’s role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including project governance, financial tracking and analysis, partner contracting and management, application of standard project management processes and artifacts, risk management, mentoring of junior team members, process and methodology development and improvement.
The Principal Program/Project Manager will lead cross functional teams across multiple lines of business (including, but not limited to: Verizon Enterprise, Verizon Wireless, FiOS, Oath, and Sensity) to ensure a high quality delivery of critical SCV partnerships between Verizon and various public municipalities. This individual must work collaboratively in a dynamic, face-paced environment and be able to proactively seek creative solutions to complex problems.
Please note: this role can be performed remotely from anywhere inside the US.
What we’re looking for...
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- BS or higher OR 8+ years of military service
- 10+ years of experience managing technical programs and projects
- Industry project management certification such as PgMP and PMP
- Strong experience in leading complex and concurrent endeavors
- Ability to influence others and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent organizational & communication skills and be able to work with a sense of urgency
- The ability to work effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver against critical deadlines
- Does not require direct supervision; able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Able to perform a wide variety of organizational tasks and direct the work of others.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring less experienced team members while maintaining productive relationships with peers.
The ideal candidate may have the following:
- Experience with the delivery of Internet of Things solutions in areas such as intelligent video, public safety, intelligent lighting, big data processing, etc.
- Experience within Wireless / Technology, Product Management, and Media and Content
- Experience with public sector project delivery
- Technical industry certifications such as CCNA, JNCIA, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8017976-principal-consultant-technical-program-manager
• Post ID: 19193837 sacramento