Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:57 AM
American River College
English Assistant Professor (Two Positions)
Job Posting Number: F00308P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/19/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6509
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on diversity in all its forms, recognizing the substantial possibility for growth that comes from faculty and students who represent and engage deeply within our vast democracy.
We offer a wide range of course offerings and campus resources to uphold our strong commitment to students and their success, while providing challenging coursework in composition, literature, critical thinking, and creative writing. Towards this commitment to success, the department also provides instructional support in the Writing Across the Curriculum program.
Applicants applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the following positions:
● English Assistant Professor at Cosumnes River College, posting #F00340P
● English Assistant Professor at Folsom Lake College, posting #F00341P
● English Assistant Professor at Sacramento City College, posting #F00310P
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in:
● Advanced composition
● Basic writing skills
● College composition
● Creative writing, and education
● Critical thinking
● Intermediate writing skills
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, instruction in the Writing Across the Curriculum program, in computer-enriched classrooms, and through online modalities.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in English, Literature, Comparative Literature, or Composition, completed by August 23, 2018; OR, have a bachelor’s in any of the above, AND have a master’s degree in Linguistics, TESL, Speech, Education with specialization in Reading, Creative Writing, or Journalism; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
• Location: Sacramento, Sacramento, CA
• Post ID: 21984432 sacramento