Engineer 3, Electrical Mixed Signal Analog Design - Northrop Grumman Corporation (McClellan,
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:04 PM
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector where technology and teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security is seeking a Mixed Signal/Analog Electrical Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within Hardware Engineering. This position will be located in Sacramento CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector.
This position works under guidance and direction toward predetermined goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated and the individual will determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. The work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor. The impact of this effort is in developing advanced technological ideas and guides the development into a final product. The selected candidate will serve as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs, and may act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Designs, develops and tests Mixed Signal/Analog components, circuits and circuit card assemblies in support of Advanced Airborne SIGINT Systems. Familiarity with the development high-isolation, noise immune circuits and circuit card assemblies utilized in noisy co-located equipment environments. Applications include red/black encrypted network separation, RF signal isolation, spurious signal issues, crosstalk, analog vs digital noise immunity, high-voltage safety etc. Knowledge of DC/DC power supplies & power distribution required for airborne payloads. Assignments can include EMI/EMC testing, compliance verification and troubleshooting as well as TEMPEST mitigations. This position will perform design, documentation and delivery of analog CCAs and modules. The right candidate will have to skills to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to complex problems. The work contributes to the development of new principles and concepts for Next Generation Airborne SIGINT Systems. This person will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform technical analysis and design:
- Evaluate system level tradeoffs and specification impacts of upgrades/design efforts and hardware replacements.
- Perform Analog, RF, and System Hardware analysis/development as directed by Program Managers/team leaders.
- Perform chassis specification allocation to meet System Level Performance.
- Review chassis, CCA, component identification/selection, system test data for design activities
- Develop designs in Mentor Graphics
- Evaluate specification modifications vs. rework of hardware
- Design for red/black separation (opto-isolation)
- Support EMI testing/mitigation and EMC compliance reporting
- Attend/Support ERB/CCBs, review and approve documents and provide hardware support as needed
- Support of ad-hoc tasking providing HW support to SW development, create test procedure documentation and training packages, select and testing of replacement components due to DMS, support field questions and testing.
- Support teams for new or re-design efforts: update drawings, coordinate with different functional teams.
- Support production testing of deliverable SIGINT chassis.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17029072&lang=en
• Location: McClellan, Sacramento
• Post ID: 21969242 sacramento