Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 3:02 PM
The Sr. Manager, Fuels and Regulatory Affairs will lead the development and execution of strategies to influence regulatory initiatives that will primarily have an impact on Andeavors California operations. Position will be responsible for coordinating Andeavors position and response to pending fuels and regulatory initiatives primarily impacting the state of California. Support will also be provided on climate:related issues as need in the Pacific Northwest. The job holder will provide internal stakeholders up:to:date information on fuels and regulatory issues, including interpretation of pending state regulations. In addition, the jobholder will provide the leadership and input to advocate Andeavors interests in state and regional forums on fuels and regulatory issues, including AB32, AB398 and Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS). Position will be located in Sacramento CA.
* Identify, track and evaluate regulatory initiatives that directly impact Andeavor in the California region; as well as, climate initiatives in the Pacific Northwest.
* Develops positive mutually beneficial relationships with appropriate management, staff and committees.
* Works with the business to identify, quantify and prioritize impact of regulatory initiatives. Work with stakeholders to find mutually agreeable options for response. Provides regulatory guidance to Andeavors business units, task force groups and committees.
* Develops Andeavors position and advocacy strategy to respond to regulatory issues and policies.
* Provides technical and policy support to state government and legislative affairs staff.
* Engages with peers, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders to address issues of common concern.
* May provide policy support and networks implications of legislation internally for technical regulatory issues within scope of coverage.
* Participates in industry associations, policy committees and forums to ensure that Andeavors interests are represented and to leverage the companys position.
* Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, science, law or other applicable degree
* Minimum 10+ years relevant experience in the petroleum, fuels or environmental, health and safety discipline or closely related field.
* Government and regulatory affairs experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to influence others while building trust, respect and credibility.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, with a high level of personal initiative.
* Ability to work effectively, both internally, with business unit personnel and externally with state and local personnel and industry trade associations.
* Ability to work across business boundaries. Experience coordinating multi:stakeholder efforts.
* Must be able to understand technical and complex regulations, determine the impacts and develop appropriate advocacy strategies.
* Thorough understanding of business processes, including: Refining, Marketing, Fuels, Logistics, and EH and S preferred.
* Strong internal and external networks preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid:continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail:marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well:known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining tr
• Location: sacramento
• Post ID: 18901947 sacramento